My Favorites is a very popular feature allowing you to store an almost unlimited number of Internet radio stations (and podcasts) to the “My Favorites” list in your Como Audio music system(s). If you have stored stations and/or sources to all of your preset buttons but still want to store more Internet stations, “My Favorites” is a way to store and access additional favorite Internet stations. It is available to all of our customers after registering on our free portal.
One newly added feature in the portal- the ability to instantly enter a station’s URL directly on your Como Audio model if it is not in the station data base, rather than have to open a ticket and wait days or more for the station to be added. This is called adding a Personal Stream.
If you own multiple Como Audio models, register all of them on the portal and your My Favorites will be shard amongst all the models. Any time you add a station to My Favorites it will be available in all of your Como Audio models automatically.
In addition to saving stations to My Favorites and adding Personal Streams, the portal allows you to type in the name of a station and search the entire data base for it. You can also do this on your Como Audio model by using the control knobs or the remote, but using your computer keyboard and the portal is a lot easier.
Any time you wish to remove a station or a personal stream from to My Favorites, just log into the portal and select the red rubbish bin icon on the right side to delete a station.
Once you register on the portal you can quickly and easily save playing Internet stations to My Favorites with a brief press of your remote’s Play/Pause key (no need to log into the portal each time to save a station!).
Below I have laid out the instructions along with accompanying screen shots to get you started. It might look intimidating, but the process is really not that difficult and is well worth doing to take advantage of these features (and as I said, it is free). There is also a how-to video posted in the Support section of our website under Videos if you prefer to follow along with a visual aid.
There are several steps to follow to take advantage of My Favorites and to add Personal Streams:
- Using your computer, go to: https://smartradio.frontier-nuvola.net/
- Select the “Manage Favorites” blue button:
3. Select “Sign Up” after “Don’t have an account?” to sign up for Frontier Nuvola (if you already have a Frontier Nuvola account then sign in using those credentials). Alternatively, you can sign up using your existing Facebook or Google account credentials if you prefer:
- After you sign up you will be sent a confirmation email within a few minutes. Please monitor your spam folder in case the confirmation email gets caught in your spam filter. You need to select the “Confirm” button in the email and you will then be directed to the portal. If you signed up using your Facebook or Google account information you will not receive a confirmation email, but will instead be directed to the new portal immediately.
- You must associate a Como Audio model in order for the features to work. You must enter the access code and name your model. To get your access code, in Internet radio mode on your Como Audio model, press and hold the remote’s menu key (round Play/Pause key), select “Station list”, select “My Favorites”, and you will be presented with an access code to enter in the portal. This information can also be found under “Help” in the same “Station list” menu. You must then name your Como Audio model such as “Home”, “Office”, “Bedroom”, etc., then select the green “Connect Device” at the bottom.
6. You will then be shown an overview and be asked to Connect the Device.
7. Once connected, you have two ways to save stations to My Favorites. If you are in the portal, you can select the “Stations” tab toward the top and enter the name of the station you want to save as a Favorite, then select “Search”:
8. A list of stations will be presented that closely match the station name you entered. Locate the station you want to be a Favorite and select the green heart icon on the right to save that station as a Favorite.
9. Select the box for “Shared Favorites” and select the green “Save” button at the bottom. This step is muy importante. If you do not select “Shared Favorites” the station will not show in the list.
In Internet radio mode, go into the “Station list” menu in your Como Audio model and select “My Favorites” at the top. The newly saved station appears and you can select it to tune that station. Repeat this process to store additional stations to “My Favorites”, or briefly press the remote control’s Play/Pause key while tuned to an Internet station you wish to save. A splash screen will confirm the saved station to My Favorites. This remote control feature will not work if you have not registered with the portal. You will still see the confirmation message but the station will not appear in My Favorites.
- To remove a saved station/podcast, log into the portal and select the red trash can icon to the right of the station you wish to remove and it will be instantly deleted.
ADDING NEW STATIONS (“Personal Streams”)
- If there is an Internet station or podcast not found in the data base that you wish to add, or you are a paid subscriber to a specific radio stream, you need the exact station/podcast URL. Select the blue “Personal Stream” tab and the green “+ Personal Stream” button in the portal:
2. Assign the station your own title, then paste the station/podcast URL into the field. Select “Shared Favorites” and “Save Personal Stream” at the bottom. The “Title” will be how the station appears in the “My Favorites” list, so you should either use the station’s name for the title, or something else to easily identify it such as “Jazz Station”.
3. If the stream can be accessed (its audio codec must be supported: MP3, AAC, ASF, and DASH) it will appear in your Como Audio model under “Station list” > “My Favorites”. The station/podcast should also appear under “My Added Stations” in the same “Station list” menu. Once the station is playing you can save it to one of the available front panel preset buttons for faster access if you wish. Note Personal Streams cannot display station logos or meta data. iHeart radio stations cannot be added as Personal Streams because iHeart does not share its stations with Internet station aggregators. In this case you would stream the station from the iHeart radio app to your Como Audio model wireless via Bluetooth.
HELP- my station has fallen and it can’t get up!
If you encounter a problem with any station, such as a station that won’t connect or play, be it a Favorite, Personal Stream, or a station in the data base, click on “Help” in the top right of the portal, scroll all the way down, and then select “Submit a Ticket” to have the problem investigated.
I hope My Favorites and the portal provide you with additional ways to enjoy the music.
General Manger Peter Skiera lives in southern MA, worked in radio broadcasting throughout New England, and also worked for Cambridge SoundWorks, B&W Loudspeakers, and Tivoli Audio for 15 years before joining Como Audio in 2016 as Vice President of Product Development. If you have a comment or would like to suggest a topic for a future Tech Rap, Peter can be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org